Nau mai, haere mai, welcome to eyeCONTACT, a forum built to encourage art reviews and critical discussion about the visual culture of Aotearoa New Zealand. I'm John Hurrell its editor, a New Zealand writer, artist and curator. While Creative New Zealand and other supporters are generously paying me and other contributors to review exhibitions over the following year, all expressed opinions are entirely our own.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

It is a little over a year since I moved from Hamilton to Auckland

and now there are more than three hundred reviews on this site. Remember you can always look for discussions of artists you like (or dislike) by using 'search' on the top lefthand edge of this page, by rummaging around in 'older posts' on the bottom righthand edge, or by going down the listed months on the righthand margin.

I'm always keen to get other (identifiable) voices alongside my own, expressing (hopefully different) views on shows - in Auckland as well as other cities. In principle I'd like to get a number of writers commenting on same shows - that's always interesting - and more comments too. Any queries, drop me a line at mungo1@xtra.co.nz.

No comments: